Flank Steak Pizza a.k.a. Matambre a la PizzaSure, we’re supposed to feature baked goods here in the featured recipes, but Argentinians consider barbecue a form of “high baking,” so today we are cooking Matambre a la Pizza or Flank Steak Pizza - a combination of two things Argentinians love: meat and pizza. Matambre is the name of the very thin cut of beef taken from between the skin and the ribs, known as flank steak here in the US. Fire up the grill and enjoy - it’s gluten-free!
Fresh Oregano or Basil
InstructionsMaking the “Dough”
- Put salt and pepper on the meat and let it sit while you get the grill fire going.
- Place the meat when the grill is hot.
- Then have mate with mom while the meat cooks.
Making the "Pizza"
- Once one side is cooked, flip it over and immediately put the tomatoes, onions and then the cheese.
- Cover it with tin foil to help melt the cheese.
- When the cheese is melted, take it off the fire.
- Sprinkle fresh oregano or basil on top.