Gourmet Argentine Confections From Our Family to Yours
Andrés "helping" grandma make cookies
BORN IN ARGENTINA, MADE IN OAKLAND
Wooden Table owner & head baker, Andrés Ozzuna, grew up in San Isidro, Argentina, just outside Buenos Aires. Andrés learned to cook from their grandmother.
“It is from her that I inherited my love of cooking. I remember being next to her at our wooden table making raviolis, gnochi, tarts every weekend! A whole spoonful of dulce de leche in my mouth as a reward when she wasn’t looking.”
We are named after this shared wooden table - to honor the heritage from which our recipes are founded as well as the shared experience of cooking and eating that fosters love and community.
Our recipes are based on Andrés’ grandmother’s recipes, and we honor her and Argentine tradition by:
- Baking our cookies & confections from scratch using natural, high quality ingredients. Real butter, eggs, milk and sugar, just like grandma did.
- Instead of “natural flavorings,” we use real vanilla, peppermint oil, cinnamon, 64% dark chocolate, and lemon extract, because real ingredients translate into yummier cookies.
- We make our products without preservatives, because fresh is how grandma rolled.
- We source sustainable ingredients - which means we use non-GMO products and local ingredients whenever possible.
- We make our products in small batches to maintain both high quality standards and sustainable business practices.
- We designed our packaging to minimize waste.
Argentinians are lucky to have a sharing culture. We share yerba mate, food, music, close embraces and tight spaces. Nothing makes us happier than family and friends new and old eating, drinking and spending time together. We believe we are truly sweeter together.
INCLUSION IS OUR CULTURE
And as an immigrant-owned, women-led, LGBTQ-certified business, we know from experience that together means all of us. We embrace, celebrate and support our Latinx, LGBTQ, and immigrant employees, customers and allies to make sure we all enjoy the sweetness.
Wooden Table Baking is a member of the following organizations: